Asked by: Margoth Rodenkirchasked in category: General Last Updated: 7th April, 2020
How do you clean the food trap on a Kenmore dishwasher?
- Remove food and broken items from drain. Take the bottom dish rack out of the dishwasher so you can reach the drain at the bottom.
- Clean out door seals. Food and other dirt accumulate around the seal.
- Use an acid-based cleanser and run a wash cycle with no dishes in the dishwasher.
- Skip the dry cycle.
Likewise, people ask, where is the food trap on a Kenmore dishwasher?
How to Clean the Filter Screen on a Kenmore Dishwasher
- Put on rubber gloves, and empty the dishwasher of all clean dishes.
- Remove the rack from the bottom of the dishwasher to expose the bottom of the dishwasher where a spray arm, and two filter-type sections are located.
- Unscrew the cover near the spray arm.
- Unscrew the filters located in the back of the dishwasher.
Additionally, what is Smart Wash on Kenmore dishwasher? × Efficient & Effective Wash Power. An UltraWash HE Filter removes soils out of the water during each cycle for more effective cleaning power. SmartWash cycles use less water and energy during a wash cycle without sacrificing cleaning power.
Beside above, how do I clean the filter on my Kenmore dishwasher?
How to Clean the Filter on a Kenmore Ultra Wash
- Locate the upper filter assembly on the bottom of your Kenmore Ultra Wash dishwasher.
- Take hold of the lower filter in the round opening, lift it up and pull it toward you to remove it from the dishwasher base.
- Hold the filters under running water until they are clean.
Do dishwashers have filters that need to be cleaned?
All dishwashers will have one or more filters to remove food particles from the wash water during the cycle. These filters are typically self-cleaning, but under certain water conditions or detergent usage these filters can become clogged.