Asked by: Mikki Newtonasked in category: General Last Updated: 20th April, 2020
How do you change the door bushings on a Chevy s10?
- Open the door of the s10.
- Place a nail punch on the hinge bolt inside the door.
- Place the nail punch in the bushings and tap the bushings out of the hinge with the hammer.
- Insert a new set of bushings into the hinge and door frame.
- Position the door so the hinge holes line up with the hinge holes on the car frame.
Thereof, how do you replace door hinge pins and bushings?
Remove the door spring, old hinge pins and bushings:
- Remove the retainer clip on the top of the top hinge pin with a screwdriver and pliers.
- Remove the door spring behind the hinge — between the hinge and the door itself — by locating the end of the spring and inserting the screwdriver between it and the hinge.
Also, what is the function of a bushing? A plain bearing, also known as a bushing, is a mechanical element used to reduce friction between rotating shafts and stationary support members. Typically, a bushing relies on soft metal or plastic and an oil film to support the rotating shaft on the hardened shaft journal.
Similarly, how do you take the doors off a Chevy s10?
How to Remove Chevrolet S10 Door Hinge Pins
- Open the door. Locate the spring in the door jam. Use the 12-inch pry bar to pop the spring out of the door jam.
- Place the punch on top of the hinge pin next to the spring. Strike the punch with the hinge pin until you drive the pin out of the hinges.
What is hinge pin?
pintle - a pin or bolt forming the pivot of a hinge. joint hinge, strap hinge - a hinge with two long straps; one strap is fastened to the surface of a moving part (e.g., a door or lid) and the other is fastened to the adjacent stationary frame.