Asked by: Chunxiang Bjeskeasked in category: General Last Updated: 4th May, 2020
How do you change a Miele door seal?
- Step 1: Turn Off the Power.
- Step 2: Remove the Front Panel Accessory Screws.
- Step 3: Remove the Outer Rim of the Door Seal.
- Step 4: Open the Drain Plug Flap.
- Step 5: Remove the Front Panel.
- Step 6: Remove the Door Catch.
- Step 7: Remove the Door-seal.
- Step 8: Fit the New Seal.
In this manner, how do you change a door seal on a Miele washing machine?
Miele W1611 Door Seal Replacement
- Obviously unplug the power before you start and wait a few minutes for the capacitors to discharge.
- Lift the front of the lid and slide it backwards enough to remove.
- Remove the soap drawer completely.
- Pull the seal off the lip on the front panel.
- Lift the control panel up and lie it on top of the machine.
Likewise, how much does it cost to replace washing machine rubber seal? The overall cost to repair a washing machine averages $150 for fixing a bad seal or faulty water level switch, both common problems.
Regarding this, how do I fix the door seal on my washing machine?
- Unplug the washing machine.
- Unscrew the front panel if possible.
- Handle a machine without a removable front panel.
- Remove the outer retaining band.
- Fold the door seal into the washing machine.
- Remove the retaining spring or band.
- Note the position of the drain holes.
- Pull off the seal.
How do I remove a door seal?
Take a piece of the old weather stripping with you to the home improvement store so you can easily match it. The weather stripping in newer doors fits in a groove in the door casing. To remove it, simply pull it out. Then cut a new piece to length, and insert it in the groove.