Asked by: Dharminder Rosendhalasked in category: General Last Updated: 4th February, 2020
How do you calibrate Scotts drop spreader?
People also ask, how do you calibrate a spreader?
To calibrate your spreader for an application of fertilizer to your lawn:
- Determine the amount of fertilizer needed for 100 sq. ft.
- Place this amount in the spreader.
- Mark off the area. For a rotary spreader, use a 10-foot by 10-foot area (100 sq.
- Apply using the suggested setting.
what setting should I use on my Scotts spreader? For application using a pushed broadcast spreader, Scotts recommends a setting of 5 1/2 when overseeding and a bare-lawn setting of 8 1/4. With a handheld broadcast spreader, Scotts recommends a setting of 4 when overseeding or seeding a new lawn but suggests that the sower make two perpendicular passes for new areas.
Also know, what do numbers on Scotts drop spreader mean?
If it is a Scotts basic broadcast spreader, the number represents the number of pounds of fertilizer placed over 1000 sq ft.
How do you calibrate Earthway spreader?
EV-N-SPRED ® Calibration Techniques
- Open the shut-off so that the drop holes are completely open as illustrated.
- Review the Control Lever position - if it is set so that the forward edge is at #30, you are calibrated. If not you need to adjust the control rod at the pivot bracket shown in Fig 1.