Asked by: Patrocinio Schlesierasked in category: General Last Updated: 21st April, 2020
How do you become a video game QA?
- Decide if a game tester career is right for you;
- Complete your degree in a related field;
- Purchase your supplies like gaming systems and consoles;
- Bolster your resume with additional education.
Besides, how do you become a game tester?
- Learn what a game tester does, and decide if a job testing games is right for you.
- Learn the basic skills and vocabulary of game testing.
- Complete your formal education or training (optional)
- Write your game testing resume and cover letter.
One may also ask, how much do video game testers make? National Pay Scale On average, male video game testers, who made up 95 percent of workers, averaged about $48,000 per year, while female testers made an average of $62,500 annually. The overall average salary for QA testers in the U.S. at all levels of experience was just over $49,000 per year.
Also know, do you need to go to college to be a game tester?
You definitely do not need a degree! A degree related to programming or video games could improve your chances of getting a job as a video game tester, but it is not a requirement.
Can I be a video game tester from home?
Potentially Work from Home as a Video Game Tester As a video game tester, you may be permitted to work from home and set your own hours. Some companies do require you to work in-house, but others allow you to work remotely. While you may not be at the mercy of a rigid schedule, you will still have deadlines to meet.