Asked by: Reto Barrigueteasked in category: General Last Updated: 3rd May, 2020
How do you backwash a Doughboy pool filter?
- Turn the pump off.
- Lift up on the multiport valve handle and turn to "Backwash." Push down lightly to lock into place.
- Turn off the D.E. pool pump.
- Turn off the pump and move the handle to "Filter to Waste." Remove the cover from the skimmer.
- Doughboy: AquaView-AS Sand Filter with 7 Position Valve.
Also, how do I backwash my pool filter?
- Shut off pump, roll out backwash hose, check waste line for any closed valves.
- Turn multiport valve handle to backwash, or slide a push pull valve.
- Turn on pump.
- Backwash until water runs clear, about 2-3 minutes.
- Shut off pump, turn valve back to filter, turn filter back on.
Subsequently, question is, does backwashing remove water from pool? Backwashing can take only a few minutes to complete, but for a typical pool, it consumes approximately 200 to 300 gallons of pool water! So, while your filter is losing unwanted dirt and debris—your pool is losing a ton of water.
People also ask, do you vacuum a pool on backwash or waste?
To begin vacuuming your pool: If you do have this option, it is highly recommended that whenever you have algae, you will need to vacuum to waste. This option allows you to vacuum the algae up and send it out through the backwash line, avoiding getting algae into your filter sand.
How long should you backwash a pool?
Turn off the pool pump. Set the filter valve handle to the BACKWASH position and ensure the handle locks in place. Turn on the pump and backwash for 2 minutes or until the water in the sight glass (located on the filter) is running clear.