Asked by: Lana Montejanoasked in category: General Last Updated: 3rd April, 2020
How do you adjust the throttle cable on a riding lawn mower?
- Remove the cable housings using a pair of pliers. The housings will swivel off the base and slide down the cable.
- Thread the cable wire through the housing.
- Slide the cable through the housing and then into the handle unit to attach it to the throttle handle.
- Test the tension by replacing the throttle.
Simply so, how do I adjust the throttle cable on my lawn mower?
How to Adjust Throttle Cables on a Honda Lawn Mower
- Turn the lawn mower off.
- Slide the throttle lever into the "choke" position.
- Locate the Phillips-head screw that holds the throttle lever to the engine bracket.
- Grasp the throttle cable and pull it toward the lawn mower handle until it is tight.
- Attach the spark plug wire back to the spark plug.
Beside above, how do you tighten the cord on a self propelled lawn mower? How to Adjust the Drive Cable on a Toro Self-Propel Mower
- Turn off the mower. Locate the self-propelled drive cable support bracket.
- Loosen the cable support nut, using an adjustable wrench. Turn the nut counter-clockwise until it is loose.
- Pull down on the cable with your fingers, toward the mower deck.
- Start the mower to test the self-propel function.
Correspondingly, how do you fix a throttle control on a lawn mower?
With the throttle control lever in the “choke” position, pull on the outer jacket of the cable near the clamp until the choke plate opens. Tighten the clamp with the cable in this position. Reassemble the air cleaner. If your lawn mower's throttle cable is hard to move or stuck, here's a fix.
What does the throttle do on a lawn mower?
In the engine of your lawnmower, you need to have a way of controlling the speed of the engine, and that is what a throttle does. It is a component that is very small in size, yet handles the governor and regulates the functioning of all the engine parts when you are using the mower.