Asked by: Elham Schleiermacherasked in category: General Last Updated: 8th February, 2020
How do I set up XBee?
- Plug your XBee into your XBee Explorer, and plug the Explorer into your computer.
- Open XCTU.
- Hit Test/Query to make sure you can communicate with your XBee WiFi.
- Click over to the "Modem Configuration" tab.
- Select "Active Scan" near the top of the scrolling window.
Keeping this in view, how do I make two XBee communicate?
This page will outline how to set up two XBee Pro Series 2 transceivers for communication with each other.
- Step 1: Download X-CTU Software.
- Step 2: Put together your XBee breakout board.
- Step 3: Configure 1st XBee as a coordinator.
- Step 4: Configure 2nd XBee as Router.
- Step 5: Test the configuration.
One may also ask, how far can XBee communicate? XBee is not the same as ZigBee—instead, XBee is a brand of radio communication modules (made by Digi) that can support a number of protocols, including ZigBee, 802.15. 4, WiFi, etc. Its range is 10 to 30 meters.
Similarly, how do I know if XBee is working?
Open up the Arduino IDE's serial console, connected at the same baud as the sketch for XBee-A. You should now be able to send/receive packets from XCTU or the Arduino serial console and see it on the other. If not, then double check your XBee configuration in XCTU.
How does XBee communicate?
XBee devices communicate with each other over the air, sending and receiving wireless messages. XBee devices transmit data coming from the serial input over the air, and they send anything received wirelessly to the serial output.