Asked by: Sehila Gorsunasked in category: General Last Updated: 31st January, 2020
How do I run a PL SQL block in Toad?
Consequently, how do I run a block in PL SQL?
First, connect to the Oracle Database server using Oracle SQL Developer. Second, create a new SQL file named anonymous-block. sql resided in the C:plsql directory that will store the PL/SQL code. Third, enter the PL/SQL code and execute it by clicking the Execute button or pressing the Ctrl-Enter keyboard shortcut.
Secondly, how do I debug a PL SQL procedure in Toad? 2 Answers
- Load your Procedure in Toad Editor.
- Put debug point on the line where you want to debug.
- Right click on the editor Execute->Execute PLSQL(Debugger).
- A window opens up,you need to select the procedure from the left side and pass parameters for that procedure and then click Execute.
Beside this, how do I run a code on toad?
There are two ways to run an SQL script in Toad.
Method – 2
- Open Toad and connect to the database. Then click on the menu Database > SQL Editor.
- In SQL Editor, press Ctrl+O and the open file dialog box will appear. Locate your SQL script and open.
- Then Press F5 or F9 to execute the SQL script contents.
What is block in PL SQL?
PL/SQL Block Structure. A block is a unit of code that provides execution and scoping boundaries for variable declarations and exception handling. PL/SQL allows you to create anonymous blocks (blocks of code that have no name) and named blocks, which may be packages, procedures, functions, triggers, or object types.