Asked by: Jodee Marantzenboimasked in category: General Last Updated: 15th June, 2020
How do I respond to a roommate ad on Craigslist?
- Use bullet points for the boring stuff.
- Mention specific things from the ad.
- Highlight what makes you such a great roommate.
- Avoid the clichés!
- Include a photo of yourself.
- Be candid, funny, and SPECIFIC!
Regarding this, how do I respond to a Craigslist ad?
While viewing the classified ad you want to respond to, click Reply in the upper left corner to display window with response options and the poster's preferred contact method. Choose to reply with your default mail program or use the Web mail links for Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or AOL mail.
One may also ask, how do you respond to a house rental ad? DO:
- Be honest about what you're looking for in a home.
- Say that you are gainfully employed and have not had a problem paying rent on time (if this is true).
- Talk about yourself- what you do, what you're into.
Correspondingly, is it safe to find roommates on Craigslist?
While Craigslist is a great tool, like any roommate finder, you need to be careful and you need be safe. Never meet up at someone's apartment alone. Always take a friend and always have your phone fully charged before heading over. Also, a good rule of thumb is to always meet at a public place first.
Where can I find rooms for rent other than Craigslist?
Read on as we break down the best roommate finders on the web.
- Craigslist. Let's start with the obvious: Craigslist.
- Roomie Match.
- 7. Facebook.
- Alumni Networks.