Asked by: Pola Ebenthalasked in category: General Last Updated: 2nd March, 2020
How do I reset my Hotpoint microwave?
- Insert the three-prong plug on the microwave oven's power cord into a grounded wall outlet if the unit will not turn on.
- Unplug the microwave and plug it back in if it will not start after a power surge.
- Press and hold the "Clear/Off" button for three seconds if "LOC" appears on the display.
Also know, can you reset a microwave?
Press the “Off/Clear' button to cancel anything on the display, and reset the microwave. Plug the GE microwave back into the wall power supply to reset any anomalies with the microwave's memory. You will need to reset the time of day if you perform a hard reset.
Similarly, what does PF mean on a Hotpoint microwave? Microwave Power Failure
Consequently, what causes a microwave to suddenly stop working?
Simple Causes Problems such as bad interlock switches or a misaligned door are common culprits for microwaves that stop working. When these problems occur, they can cause a fuse to blow, stopping your appliance dead in its tracks. Replacing the fuse should get you back in the business of burning popcorn.
How do you reset a microwave after a power outage?
How to Reset Microwave Ovens After Power Outages
- Disconnect the microwave from the power source while the power is still out.
- Turn on the circuit breaker or plug the microwave into the outlet only when you are sure that the power is permanently restored.
- Reset the clock on the microwave.