Asked by: Ismet Lewandowskyasked in category: General Last Updated: 30th March, 2020
How do I report a gas leak outside?
- You smell gas or suspect a gas leak.
- There is an abnormally high or low flame or no gas in all your gas appliances.
- Gas to an appliance or heating unit cannot be shut off.
Besides, what do you do if you smell gas outside?
If you smell a natural gas odor, hear the hissing sound of gas escaping or see other signs of a leak:
- IMMEDIATELY EVACUATE the area, and from a safe location either call 911 or SoCalGas at 1-800-427-2200.
- DON'T smoke, or light a match, candle or other flame.
Secondly, how do you tell if you have a gas leak outside? Outdoor Signs Unusual air movement from the ground near the home is a possible sign of a gas leak. Bubbles: A leak in a gas pipe can sometimes cause bubbling in moist ground areas around the home. A water puddle that bubbles may be hiding a leaking underground gas pipe.
Keeping this in view, who to call if there is a gas leak?
If you suspect a gas leak but can't smell it, you should still find a phone away from the area and call 911 or 1-800-75-CONED (1-800-752-6633).
Is a gas leak an emergency?
If you smell natural gas, or if you hear or see signs of a gas leak, DO NOT attept to find the leak yourself. Instead, leave the area immediately and call our emergency number1-800-400-4271 or 911. DO NOT turn on/off any lights or appliances if you smell natural gas in your home or building.