Asked by: Deneen Grotschelasked in category: General Last Updated: 1st March, 2020
How do I make new lumber look weathered?
Then, how do you paint wood to make it look distressed?
How to Distress Furniture in 6 Easy Steps
- Materials and Tools.
- Prepare Your Space. Start by laying down drop cloths and preparing the area.
- Sand and Clean the Piece.
- Paint the Piece.
- Apply Wax and Top Layer of Paint (Optional)
- Distress the Piece with Sandpaper and Steel Wool.
- Apply a Stain (Optional)
- Protect the Finished Piece with Polyurethane.
Furthermore, how do you get a weathered gray finish?
- Stain your wood. Before staining, make sure your wood is properly prepared for finishing.
- Apply a white wash mixture to the wood. To create a white wash paint mixture, we mixed about 1 part water to 1 part white paint.
- Distress wood finish with sandpaper.
- 226 thoughts on “How to Create a Weathered Wood Gray Finish”
Similarly, how do I make wood look weathered GREY?
To age new wood to a natural silvery gray, to grey-brown or black patina (depending on the wood), let a small piece of steel wool (or a few non-galvanized nails) sit overnight in ordinary white vinegar, then dilute the vinegar solution 1 to 1 with water. (If you used 1/4 cup of vinegar, add 1/4 cup of water.)
How do you make wood look old with Vaseline?
How to Distress Paint with Vaseline
- Supplies: Vaseline.
- STEP 1: Apply a thin layer of Vaseline to the edges of your project and anywhere you want a distressed look.
- STEP 2: Paint your project.
- STEP 3: Allow the paint to dry slightly (not wet to the touch), then use a damp rag to rub over the areas that have Vaseline.
- Like what you see?