Asked by: Lawrence Jdanasked in category: General Last Updated: 29th June, 2020
How do I know when I am having a heart attack?
Beside this, how do I know I am having a heart attack?
Someone having a heart attack may feel:
- chest pain, which may also include feelings of: tightness.discomfort. crushing pain.
- spreading pain, which may spread out: from the chest area. downone or both arms.
- shortness of breath.
- paleness, sweating or overall weakness.
- nausea, vomiting and maybe indigestion.
- anxiety or fear.
Beside above, how long do heart attack symptoms last before you have one? A: “Shortness of breath, chest pain (or jaw pain,shoulder pain or arm pain), funny heart beats, nausea orvomiting.” Q: How long do symptoms last during aheart attack? A: “They will typicallylast for 15 minutes or longer. Seconds of symptomstypically are not (due to) your heart.
Additionally, what are the 4 silent signs of a heart attack?
Never Ignore These 11 Heart Symptoms
- Chest Discomfort. It's the most common sign of heartdanger.
- Nausea, Indigestion, Heartburn, or Stomach Pain. Some peoplehave these symptoms during a heart attack.
- Pain that Spreads to the Arm.
- You Feel Dizzy or Lightheaded.
- Throat or Jaw Pain.
- You Get Exhausted Easily.
How can you test for a heart attack at home?
- ECG . The ECG (also known as EKG or electrocardiogram) can tellhow much damage has occurred to your heart muscle and where it hasoccurred.
- Blood tests. Blood may be drawn to measure levels of cardiacenzymes that indicate heart muscle damage.
- Cardiac catheterization.