Asked by: Herenia Iozzoasked in category: General Last Updated: 6th April, 2020
How do I know if my diverter valve is faulty?
- Hot water taps that only reach luke warm. If your sink, bath or shower is not running hot, it could indicate that there is a problem with the diverter valve.
- The water only gets hot if the heating is on.
- The water is hot, but the heating fails to come on.
Click to see full answer.
Also, how do you check a diverter valve on a boiler?
After you remove the lid of the boiler, you have to locate the diverter valve mechanism. Run tap water on hot and observe the diverter valve. If you run hot water, the valve is supposed to close in order to divert it to the tap, meaning it should move. If you see no movement, then it's stuck.
Also Know, how long should a diverter valve last? Now that you've diagnosed the problem, you should call out a gas safe registered engineer to come and replace the diverter valve or service the working parts of the valve. On a boiler under eight years old, this should be a routine fix and should not take any longer than an hour, as parts should be readily available.
Thereof, what does a diverter valve look like?
Here is what a diverter valve looks like (Worcester Bosch). The diverter valve on a combi boiler works much like a lock on a canal would. It opens and closes to allow heat up both hot water and the water in the heating system which provides heat to radiators and towel rails.
How do you fix a diverter valve?
Diverter Valve on a Spigot
- Unscrew the set screw. See how the spigot is attached to the wall.
- Unscrew spigot from the wall. Be careful!
- Wash Supply Pipe. Make sure that you clean off any bits of gunk from the supply pipe.
- Replace new spout on the copper pipe.
- Test it and make sure it works!