Asked by: Thuy Hoffheinzasked in category: General Last Updated: 3rd April, 2020
How do I know if my cordless drill battery is bad?
- Plug the battery in and charge it for at least an hour.
- Touch the multimeter probes to the two battery terminals.
- Check the voltage indicator on the multimeter.
- If the voltage indicator is at or below the voltage rating on the battery, the battery needs to be replaced.
Thereof, can you fix cordless drill batteries?
You Can Fix a Rechargeable Battery That Won't Take a Charge. (although by all means feel free to do so) You do not have to wait until they ship you a replacement battery to finish your project. You can get that battery up and working in about 5 minutes.
Additionally, how long do cordless drill batteries last? 3-5 years
In respect to this, how do you reset a cordless drill battery?
How to Recondition 18 Volt Drill Batteries
- Make sure your battery appears fully charged before starting the procedure of reconditioning your 18V drill battery.
- Place the 18V drill battery into the power drill.
- Turn on the power drill.
- Turn on the drill again.
- Remove the drill and battery from the vice once cool.
How do you test a cordless drill motor?
Steps to How-Wire Test a Drill Motor
- Remove the battery and dismantle the drill.
- Disconnect the switch wiring from the drill motor.
- Connect one wire from the battery to the motor.
- Connect the second wire to the battery contact.
- Hold the motor firmly and connect the second wire to the motor wire. Video. Tools & Materials.