Asked by: Absalon Pitarqueasked in category: General Last Updated: 8th February, 2020
How do I install drawer slides?
Simply so, what is the easiest way to install drawer slides?
- Mark the Placement of the Slides.
- Install the Slides.
- Mark the Drawer Sides.
- Position the Slide Extension.
- Attach the Slides to the Drawer.
- Insert the Drawer.
- Position the Drawer Face.
- Attach the Drawer Face.
Similarly, what are the different types of drawer slides? How to Install 5 Types of Drawer Slides
- Ball Bearing Drawer Slides.
- Soft Close Ball Bearing Drawer Slides.
- Bottom Mount Drawer Slides.
- Side Mount Drawer Slides.
- Center Mount Drawer Slides.
Keeping this in view, how do you install center drawer slides?
Attach to the drawer first
- Cut the notch for the slide at least 1/8" wider on each side, to the depth of the drawer bottom.
- With one screw holding the front of the slide in place, measure from the drawer side to make sure the slide sits centered and parallel.
- Mount the slide 1/32" back from the front of the face frame.
How much space do you need for a drawer slide?
Drawer depth or height is not critical, but the most common difference between the drawer and the opening is 3/4 inch. For example, if the opening measures 4 inches vertically, the drawer should be built 3 1/4 inches. This allows 1/4 inch at the bottom where the slide is attached, and 1/2 inch at the top for clearance.