Asked by: Elias Xinasked in category: General Last Updated: 30th March, 2020
How do I install a hot tub in my backyard?
Regarding this, where do you put a hot tub?
- Don't place your hot tub within 10 feet of overhead power lines.
- Allow for access to your hot tub equipment panel.
- Install your hot tub on a solid foundation, strong enough to bear the weight of the tub, water and its occupants.
- Make sure your foundation area is level and straight.
Furthermore, how much does it cost to put in a hot tub? According to Home Advisor, the average cost to install a hot tub that's above ground ranges from $5,000 to $8,000. However, low-tier spas start as low as $500 and high tier spas can go up to $18,000.
Also to know is, do you need a permit to put in a hot tub?
According to the building code, a permit is required for an in-ground swimming pool or hot tub. A prefabricated swimming pool or hot tub that is installed above ground at a single-family residence does not require a building permit, unless the water capacity exceeds 5,000 gallons.
What is the best base for a hot tub?
Here are four hot tub foundation ideas that will ensure your hot tub is positioned correctly and looks great.
- CONCRETE. A concrete surface is an excellent base for your hot tub as this material is extremely sturdy and long-lasting.
- DECK. Decks can be an easy choice, as they are already level and solid.
- SPA PAD.