Asked by: Julene Huisgenasked in category: General Last Updated: 24th January, 2020
How do I give my baby flax seeds?
Consequently, is flaxseed OK for babies?
Flax seeds are also an excellent source of fiber to help your little one's digestive system move right along. They are great to introduce around 7-8 months of age but until 12 months, you should serve flax meal (ground flax seeds) or flax oil instead of the whole seeds to avoid a choking hazard.
Secondly, how do you eat flax seeds? Try the following:
- Adding them to water and drinking it as part of your daily fluid intake.
- Drizzling flaxseed oil as a dressing on salad.
- Sprinkling ground flax seeds over your hot or cold breakfast cereal.
- Mixing them into your favorite yogurt.
- Adding them into cookie, muffin, bread or other batters.
Additionally, how much flaxseed should a child take?
Babies 0-12 months should receive 500 mg per day, children 1-3 years old should get 700 mg a day, while kids 4-8 should consume 700 mg a day. After the age of 8, the daily recommended amount is different for boys and girls, but ranges between 1 gram and 1.6 grams a day.
Which seeds are good for babies?
Sunflower, hemp, flax, and chia seeds all help kids meet their need for good fats, magnesium, protein, and fiber. Pack seeds for snacks, sprinkle on soups or salads, use them in baking, or add them to smoothies.