Asked by: Ausencio Jamussaasked in category: General Last Updated: 25th January, 2020
How do I get my insurance license in Georgia?
- Complete a Prelicensing Course. If you would like to sell insurance in Georgia, you must complete an approved line of prelicensing education and pass the state licensing exam.
- Get Fingerprinted. All licensees must be fingerprinted and submit to a background check.
- Pass a Licensing Exam.
- Apply for a License.
Correspondingly, how much does it cost to get insurance license in Georgia?
The Georgia Department of Insurance charges $100 per license type (ex. Property & Casualty or Life, Accident & Sickness) plus a $15 application fee.
Secondly, how do I get my insurance license? 5 Steps to Becoming an Insurance Agent
- Step 1 Decide if you want to complete an associate or bachelor's degree program.
- Step 2 Pick a specialty.
- Step 3 Complete pre-licensure requirements.
- Step 4 Pass a licensing exam.
- Step 5 Apply at insurance agencies.
Also asked, how much does it cost to get an insurance license?
In order to obtain a licence, an applicant must meet the following requirements: Complete a General Insurance Agent application, provide applicable supporting documents and pay the required fee of $150.00.
Is it hard to get insurance license?
Though it may seem somewhat overwhelming at first, preparing for and taking the state health and life insurance exam is NOT that difficult. In fact, most agents who take the exam admit that it was easier than they imagined.