Asked by: Lada Samanoasked in category: General Last Updated: 21st February, 2020
How do I download a git project?
- On GitHub, navigate to the main page of the repository.
- Under the repository name, click Clone or download.
- In the Clone with HTTPs section, click to copy the clone URL for the repository.
- Open Git Bash.
- Change the current working directory to the location where you want the cloned directory to be made.
Correspondingly, how do I clone a Git project?
Cloning a Git repository
- From the repository, click + in the global sidebar and select Clone this repository under Get to work.
- Copy the clone command (either the SSH format or the HTTPS).
- From a terminal window, change to the local directory where you want to clone your repository.
Secondly, what is git checkout? The git checkout command lets you navigate between the branches created by git branch . Checking out a branch updates the files in the working directory to match the version stored in that branch, and it tells Git to record all new commits on that branch.
Subsequently, one may also ask, what does git clone do?
git clone is primarily used to point to an existing repo and make a clone or copy of that repo at in a new directory, at another location. The original repository can be located on the local filesystem or on remote machine accessible supported protocols. The git clone command copies an existing Git repository.
What is git bash?
Git Bash is an application for Microsoft Windows environments which provides an emulation layer for a Git command line experience. Bash is a popular default shell on Linux and macOS. Git Bash is a package that installs Bash, some common bash utilities, and Git on a Windows operating system.