Asked by: Bennie Albiturriaasked in category: General Last Updated: 9th March, 2020
How do I disinfect my water dispenser?
Correspondingly, how often should a water dispenser be cleaned?
To be consistent with these good sanitation techniques, it is important that you periodically clean and sanitize your bottled water dispenser. Recommended frequency of cleaning is once every 3 to 6 months.
Additionally, how do you clean a 5 gallon water cooler? You can either use a chemical disinfectant or an all-natural solution to clean your water cooler.
- Remove the five gallon jug when it is almost empty, and pour out any remaining water.
- Fill the jug with about 1 gallon of hot water, 1 tsp.
- Place your hand over the lip of the bottle and shake the jug for about 10 seconds.
Accordingly, how do you clean a water dispenser with vinegar?
- Unplug the water cooler and remove the old, empty bottle.
- Add the water and vinegar to the bucket.
- Pour the vinegar into the reservoir of the water cooler.
- Let the vinegar sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Hold the bucket under both of the cold and hot taps on the water cooler.
Do water dispensers need to be cleaned?
The U.S. Department of Energy recommends cleaning the cooler with every change of the bottle, or every six weeks, whichever arrives first. Keeping the water clean is the most important part of maintaining your cooler. Fortunately, washing your dispenser requires only some time, water, and either bleach or vinegar.