Asked by: Sulay Nathasked in category: General Last Updated: 19th February, 2020
How do I completely reinstall Ubuntu from terminal?
Subsequently, one may also ask, how do I completely reinstall Ubuntu?
- Use Ubuntu live disk to boot up.
- Select Install Ubuntu on hard disk.
- Keep on following the wizard.
- Select the Erase Ubuntu and reinstall option (the third option in the image).
Furthermore, will reinstalling ubuntu delete my files? Select “Reinstall Ubuntu 17.10”. This option will keep your documents, music and other personal files intact. The installer will try to keep your installed software too where possible. However, any personalized system settings like auto-startup applications, keyboard shortcuts, etc. will be deleted.
Similarly, how can I fix Ubuntu OS without reinstalling it?
Fix Broken Ubuntu OS Without Reinstalling It. First of all, try to login with live cd and backup your data in an external drive. Just in case, if this method didn't work, you can still have your data and reinstall everything! At the login screen, press CTRL+ALT+F1 to switch to tty1.
How do I repair Ubuntu?
Using the Ubuntu CD (Recommended)
- Insert your Ubuntu CD, reboot your computer and set it to boot from CD in the BIOS and boot into a live session. You can also use a LiveUSB if you have created one in the past.
- Install and run Boot-Repair.
- Click "Recommended Repair".
- Now reboot your system.