Asked by: Yonghong Yunibarbiaasked in category: General Last Updated: 23rd April, 2020
How do I clean my cast iron stove grates LG?
Click to see full answer.
In this manner, how do you clean gas stove grates?
Instructions for Grates
- Fill a shallow pan with a 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water.
- Fully submerge the grates in the solution. Let them soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Pull the grates from the solution and use the scrub brush on them.
- Rinse the grates.
- Repeat the vinegar soak followed by more scrubbing as necessary.
Furthermore, how do you restore cast iron stove grates? Cleaning Cast Iron Grill Grates Rub the grates with vinegar and allow them to sit for a few minutes to an hour. The vinegar will dissolve the rust, making scrubbing more effective. You may need to repeat this process a few times. You can also use a paste made of baking soda and water.
Also asked, how do you clean Viking cast iron stove grates?
Place the grates in a sink of hot, soapy water and let soak for 15-20 minutes. For tougher stains, add a cup of sudsy ammonia to the water. Make sure grates are thoroughly dried after each cleaning.
How do you restore a stove grate?
The best place to refinish stove grates is outdoors or in a well-ventilated garage or workshop.
- Allow the grates to completely cool.
- Place the grates in the bottom of a heavy-duty trash bag.
- Put on the gloves and safety glasses.
- Smooth all surfaces of the grates with 100-grit garnet sandpaper.