Asked by: Suizhu Greenwoodasked in category: General Last Updated: 21st March, 2020
How do I clean a Cedar Lane chest?
- Dust your Lane cedar chest on a regular basis with a soft, lint-free cloth to help keep the finish clean.
- Remove any wax build-up on a Lane cedar chest.
- Rub paste wax on the exterior finish of your Lane cedar chest with a soft cloth, rubbing in the direction of the wood grain to add a high-gloss shine.
Keeping this in view, how do you clean the inside of a cedar chest?
- Vacuum the inside of the cedar chest using the hose with a long, angled attachment with a narrow opening.
- Mix a solution of 3 tablespoons liquid chlorine bleach to 1 cup water.
- Rinse the cleaning cloth with water and wring it out.
- Wipe the inside of the chest with the cloth.
Similarly, how do you restore cedar smell to a cedar chest?
- Put on a pair of work gloves to protect your hands. Open the cedar chest and begin sanding it, going with the grain.
- Keep sanding until the natural red color becomes more vibrant and you can smell the cedar aroma again.
- Spray the chest, inside and out, with pure cedar oil.
- Wipe the chest with a clean cloth.
Likewise, how do you keep a cedar chest from smelling?
How to Get Bad Odors Out of a Cedar Chest
- Remove all contents from the cedar chest.
- Sand the interior wood with fine-grit sandpaper.
- Wipe the inside to remove all dust left from the sanding.
- Place an open box of baking soda inside the chest and close the lid for 48 hours.
- Open the lid and smell for any remaining odor.
How can I make my cedar chest smell good again?
Using fine-grit sandpaper, sand along the grain of the wood, and vacuum out the dust. More often than not this is all it takes to bring out the naturally fragrant oil in the wood and refresh the smell of old cedar. Close the lid after cleaning, and next time you open the chest it should smell fragrant once again.