Asked by: Ivo Bacherasked in category: General Last Updated: 22nd April, 2020
How do I choose a boat fender?
Similarly, it is asked, what size of boat fenders do I need?
West Marine recommends fenders with 1 inch of diameter per 4 to 5 feet of boat length. So, a 20- to 25-foot boat should use at least 6-inch fenders; a 25- to 35-foot boat should use 8-inch fenders.
Furthermore, how thick should my dock line be? Your dock line should have 1/8" of diameter for every 9' of boat with a minimum size of 3/8". This means a 20' boat should use 3/8" lines. A 40' boat should use 5/8" line.
In this regard, what is the best boat fender?
The 5 Top-Rated Boat Fenders
- Our Top Pick: Polyform US G-5 Fender.
- Our Runner Up Pick: Extreme Max BoatTector Fender Value 2 Pack.
- Best Budget Pick: Taylor Made Hull Gard Fender.
- Best Round Boat Fender Pick: Polyform A Series Buoy.
- Best Inflatable Boat Fender Pick: Shoreline Marine Ribbed Inflatable Fender.
What size bumpers do I need for my boat?
As a general rule of thumb, for every 5 feet of a boat's length you'll need one fender an inch thick (in diameter). Small vessels may require just two fenders, while boats over 40-feet may need over 6.