Asked by: Jodee Nuguesasked in category: General Last Updated: 16th March, 2020
How do I change the company file location in QuickBooks?
- Go to the location where your file is currently saved.
- Right click your company file (with green icon before the name or .
- Go to another location (e.g desktop or new folder/ location where you want to save it) paste the company file.
Just so, where is the company file stored in QuickBooks?
Note: The default location for a QuickBooks Desktop company files is: C:UsersPublicPublic DocumentsIntuitQuickBooksCompany Files, For Sage it is C:ProgramDataSageAccounts, from either of these locations you should be able to choose the version/year of the application your file is using.
Additionally, how do I change the name of a company in QuickBooks? Here's how:
- Click the Go to client's QuickBooks drop-down at the top.
- Select the company file you want to update.
- From there, click the Gear icon.
- Under Your Company, select Account and Settings.
- Go to the Company tab on the left panel.
- Click the Company name section to maximize it.
- Change the client's company name.
Subsequently, one may also ask, how do I change the default backup location in QuickBooks?
Create a backup
- From the File menu, select Back Up Data.
- Specify the backup location: To back up to the default folder on the local hard drive, select Default Location.
- Click Backup then Finish.
How do I save my QuickBooks company file?
Manually Back Up File
- From the File menu, choose Back Up.
- Click the Back Up Company File tab.
- Click the Browse button to change the filename and indicate the backup location.
- Click Save.
- Optional: Select other items in Back Up Options area.
- Click OK.