Asked by: Sofica Enssleasked in category: General Last Updated: 2nd June, 2020
How do I change the blade on my Bosch SDS jigsaw?
- Disconnect the jigsaw from the power outlet.
- Set the blade orbit selector to position III, which is as far back as possible.
- Turn the jigsaw upside down.
- Align the new blade so that the T-shank is inserted into the plunger, and the flat back-side of the jigsaw blade is against the roller.
Also asked, how do you change a blade on a jigsaw?
To change a blade, switch off the jigsaw, unplug it, and let the used blade cool down. Pull up the saw-blade locking lever and let the used blade fall out with a slight shake. Turn the jigsaw upside down. Hold the fresh blade with its teeth forward; insert the blade shank into the blade holder as deeply as it will go.
Similarly, how do you put a blade in a Bosch jigsaw? How to Replace a Bosch Jig Saw Blade
- Looking down at the top of the unit, locate a small hole directly above the handle, directly in line to where the blade lies.
- Insert your screwdriver into this hole and loosen the screw slightly.
- As you loosen, use your other hand to pull on the blade gently.
Furthermore, how do you change the brushes on a Bosch jigsaw?
How to replace the carbon brushes in your jigsaw
- Step 1 – Disconnect jigsaw from power supply.
- Step 2 – Locate and remove brush cover.
- Step 3 – Remove old brush.
- Step 4 – Remove any debris.
- Step 5 – Insert new brush.
- Step 6 – Replace brush cover.
- Step 7 – Repeat process.
- Step 8 – Turn on jigsaw.
Are jigsaw blades universal?
While there is a specific type of blade called a universal blade or U-shank, this doesn't mean that all jigsaw blades are universal. There are a few different types of jigsaw blades which are used to allow the power tool to cut through different materials.