Asked by: Iulian Cautelaasked in category: General Last Updated: 6th June, 2020
How do I apply for a disability grant?
- Complete a disability grant application form at your nearest South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) office in the presence of a SASSA officer.
- Submit the following:
- After submitting your application you will be given a receipt to keep as proof of application.
People also ask, who is eligible for a disabled facilities grant?
The DFG is means-tested for people aged 18 years or over, so the amount that you could get depends on your household income and savings. The means test looks at your income and savings together with that of your spouse or partner, if you have one.
Beside above, do you have to pay back a disabled facilities grant? Disabled Facilities Grant below £5,000 You won't have to pay anything back. Most adaptations will be below this value.
Similarly, you may ask, how do I apply for a Sassa grant?
How to apply for a child support grant:
- You can apply at your nearest SASSA office.
- The form must be completed in the presence of a SASSA officer.
- You will be given a receipt once the application is complete.
- Provide birth certificate of the child.
- Provide identification document of caregiver.
Can you get a grant for a wet room?
You might be able to get help with costs For expensive adaptations, like fitting a wet room or widening doors, you can try to get a grant from: Disabled Facilities Grant.