Asked by: Arnaldo Aronov,Aaronasked in category: General Last Updated: 15th April, 2020
How do I add a cname record to AWS?
- In the navigation pane, choose Hosted Zones.
- Select your hosted zone.
- Choose Go to Record Sets.
- Choose Create Record Set.
- For Name, the default value is the name of your domain (for example, example.com ).
- For Type, select A - IPv4 address.
Moreover, what is Cname record in AWS?
Kindle. RSS. In CloudFront, an alternate domain name, also known as a CNAME, lets you use your own domain name (for example, www.example.com ) for links to your files instead of using the domain name that CloudFront assigns to your distribution. Both web and RTMP distributions support alternate domain names.
Likewise, what is a Cname record used for? A Canonical Name or CNAME record is a type of DNS record that maps an alias name to a true or canonical domain name. CNAME records are typically used to map a subdomain such as www or mail to the domain hosting that subdomain's content.
People also ask, how do I add a DNS record to AWS?
Add a TXT record for verification
- To get started, go to your domains page at AWS by using this link.
- On the Resources page, select Hosted Zones.
- On the ** Hosted Zones ** page, in the Domain Name column, select the name of the domain that you want to edit.
- Select Create Record Set.
What is the difference between Cname and Alias?
These are the main differences: The A record maps a name to one or more IP addresses when the IP are known and stable. The CNAME record maps a name to another name. The ALIAS record maps a name to another name, but can coexist with other records on that name.