Asked by: Arabia Nitzgenasked in category: General Last Updated: 20th April, 2020
How can I practice French vocabulary?
- Get to the Roots. Memorize words that share the same root at the same time.
- Know Your Cognates.
- Practice With Your Textbook.
- Three is a Magic Number.
- Listen and Repeat.
- Use it in a Sentence.
- Make Associations.
- Word of the Day.
Thereof, how do I improve my vocabulary?
This article reviews seven easy ways to improve your vocabulary and learn new words.
- Read, read, and read.
- Keep a dictionary and thesaurus handy.
- Use a journal.
- Learn a word a day.
- Go back to your roots.
- Play some games.
- Engage in conversations.
Subsequently, question is, what are some common French words? Learn Some Common French Words
- Bonjour = Hello, Good morning.
- Au revoir = Goodbye.
- Oui = Yes.
- Non = No.
- Merci = Thank you.
- Merci beaucoup = Thank you very much.
- Fille = Girl.
- Garçon = Boy.
One may also ask, what is French vocabulary?
Learning French vocabulary. French vocabulary can be traced back to Latin. In addition, grammatical words like prepositions, articles and auxiliaries as well as the language's common nouns, verbs and adjectives also descend from Latin. In 29 countries, French is the official language.
What are the 1000 most common words in English?
Here's the List of the 1000 Most Common English Words
- be – “Will you be my friend?”
- and – “You and I will always be friends.”
- of – “Today is the first of November.”
- a – “I saw a bear today.”
- in – “She is in her room.”
- to – “Let's go to the park.”
- have – “I have a few questions.”
- too – “I like her too.”