Asked by: Milouda Manjunathasked in category: General Last Updated: 7th April, 2020
How can I improve my value stream map?
- Use Proper VSM Conventions and Symbols.
- Draw It by Hand First.
- Determine the Process Families—aka, Product Families.
- Limit the Number of Process Boxes.
- Use a Team to Create the Maps and a Plan.
- Start With Basic Building Blocks.
- Don't Expect Everything to Show up on the Map.
- Appoint a Value Stream Manager.
Click to see full answer.
Simply so, how do you do value stream mapping?
10 steps to successful value stream mapping
- Step 1: Gather Preliminary Information.
- Step 2: Create a Product Quantity Routing Analysis.
- Step 3: Group Customers and Sort Materials.
- Step 4: Sort Product Families by Build Sequence.
- Step 5: Choose One Value Stream to Begin With.
- Step 6: Create an Operations Flow Chart.
- Step 7: Walk the Shop Floor.
- Step 8: Collect the Data.
Also, what is value stream mapping examples? In value stream mapping, the process items that flow through the value stream are determined by the field. For example: In manufacturing industry, materials are your items. In the design and development field, designs are your items. In service field, external customer needs are your items.
Also question is, what improvement does a value stream map typically provide?
Value Stream Mapping. The main objective of lean system is to augment effectiveness and efficiency of various processes in the organization by reducing waste in operations like long lead times, defects and bottlenecks in material and information flows. One tool that can be used is through 'Value Stream Mapping'.
What is the first step in the VSM?
The first step in value stream mapping is to create a current state map. This map can help identify waste such as delays, restrictions, inefficiencies, and excess inventories. These are then eliminated in the ideal state map, which gives the organization a working plan to achieve lean efficiency.