Asked by: Iasone Purkertasked in category: General Last Updated: 22nd April, 2020
Does sugar clog your arteries?
Click to see full answer.
Also question is, does sugar damage your arteries?
When you eat excess sugar, the extra insulin in your bloodstream can affect your arteries all over your body. It causes their walls to get inflamed, grow thicker than normal and more stiff, this stresses your heart and damages it over time. This can lead to heart disease, like heart failure, heart attacks, and strokes.
Additionally, how can I unclog my arteries naturally? Eat a heart-healthy diet
- Add more good fats to your diet. Good fats are also called unsaturated fats.
- Cut sources of saturated fat, such as fatty meat and dairy. Choose lean cuts of meat, and try eating more plant-based meals.
- Eliminate artificial sources of trans fats.
- Increase your fiber intake.
- Cut back on sugar.
Similarly, you may ask, is sugar bad for your heart?
Summary Consuming too much added sugar increases heart disease risk factors such as obesity, high blood pressure and inflammation. High-sugar diets have been linked to an increased risk of dying from heart disease.
What foods clog arteries?
Preventing clogged arteries
- fried foods.
- processed packaged foods.
- cakes, pies, and pastries.
- cookies and biscuits.
- margarine or butter substitutes.
- vegetable shortening.
- products with partially hydrogenated oils, otherwise known as trans fats.