Asked by: Ivet Dummschatasked in category: General Last Updated: 6th February, 2020
Do you need a UV light for pond?
Also asked, what does UV light do to pond water?
UV lights work when water from your pond is pumped through their light path. The single-celled, free-flowing algae within your pond water is then exposed to these high levels of ultraviolet light. This light destroys their DNA and kills them.
Secondly, what size UV do I need for my pond? Manufacturers recommendations:
|Size of pond||Wattage|
|Aqua Uv||5 to 200 gal||8 Watt|
|200 to 500 gal||15 W|
|500-1200 gal||25 W|
|1200 to 2000 gal||40 W|
Keeping this in view, how long does it take for a UV light to clear a pond?
Once fully mature, you should notice a difference within one week of turning the U.V.C. on and full clarity should be achieved in two weeks.
How do I make my pond water clear naturally?
Follow our 7 tips below to help keep your pond water clean!
- Maintain a healthy fish population.
- Don't over-feed your fish.
- Create a proper balance of plants.
- Choose the right size pump for your pond.
- Clean debris from pond before it has a chance to decay.
- Choose proper filtration for your pond.