Asked by: Taren Tseidlerasked in category: General Last Updated: 3rd April, 2020
Do mice hide behind stoves?
Similarly, you may ask, how do I get rid of a mouse in my stove?
How to Kill Mice in the Stove
- Pull the stove out to look for a hole behind the stove, including too much gap around any gas intake hose.
- Pull the stove out fully by first turning the valve on the gas intake hose (if the stove is gas-powered).
- Soak a few cotton balls with pure peppermint oil.
- Insert steel wool.
Similarly, where do mice live in the stove? Mice can squeeze, climb and/or crawl into small openings around your house, including the stove in order to search for food and/or shelter. Under the stove or refrigerator, in the pantry and in kitchen cabinets are other common places mice may be found.
Similarly, it is asked, how do you keep mice out of appliances?
Use a pesticide or home remedy deterrent. Peppermint oil is a strong rat deterrent that humans (usually) find pleasant. Soak a few cotton balls in peppermint oil then place them strategically around your appliance. You will need to replace them when the smell fades.
How can you tell where mice are coming from?
How to Find a Hole Where Mice Are Coming From in a House
- Inspect your attic and crawl space.
- Check your kitchen, pantry and storage room, especially areas where food is kept.
- Inspect areas where you have plumbing pipes entering the house and wiring in walls.
- Contact a pest control company if you cannot find the holes where the mice are coming from.