Asked by: Shara Schepperasked in category: General Last Updated: 4th February, 2020
Can you fix cordless drill batteries?
Keeping this in consideration, how do you recondition a cordless drill battery?
How to Recondition 18 Volt Drill Batteries
- Make sure your battery appears fully charged before starting the procedure of reconditioning your 18V drill battery.
- Place the 18V drill battery into the power drill.
- Turn on the power drill.
- Turn on the drill again.
- Remove the drill and battery from the vice once cool.
Similarly, how do you rejuvenate lithium ion batteries? Return the battery into the lithium-ion charger and give it a full charge, which should take around 3 hours depending on what type of Li-ion battery you are reconditioning. Some chargers automatically progress from recovery mode to charging, so on these devices you can just leave the battery in place throughout.
how do I know if my cordless drill battery is bad?
How to Check a Cordless Drill's Battery
- Plug the battery in and charge it for at least an hour.
- Touch the multimeter probes to the two battery terminals.
- Check the voltage indicator on the multimeter.
- If the voltage indicator is at or below the voltage rating on the battery, the battery needs to be replaced.
Can drill batteries be restored?
Eventually all drill batteries lose their capacity to hold a charge and deliver optimal power. But reconditioning can revive and rejuvenate batteries that you thought were dead.