Asked by: Xoel Vyakhirevasked in category: General Last Updated: 20th May, 2020
Can I wash a wicker basket?
Likewise, people ask, how do you get the smell out of a wicker basket?
A: Here are three options for removing the unappealing smell expelled by your wicker baskets: Make a solution of 1/4 cup chlorine laundry bleach in 2 gallons of warm water. Get a hold of a medium bristle brush, like a vegetable brush. Dampen the brush and gently scrub the baskets. Rinse with clean water.
why does my wicker basket smell? If the wicker smells musty, there's a good chance it is damp. Air it out outdoors, if possible, in dry, non-humid weather, for several days. No matter what type of odor, sprinkle baking soda over the wicker and allow it to sit for at least several hours or overnight.
Likewise, how do you get grease out of wicker baskets?
- Vacuum the baskets with a soft bristle vacuum cleaner attachment to remove any loose dust or debris.
- Make a solution of 1 gallon of lukewarm water and 2 tbsp. grease-cutting liquid detergent such as Dawn.
How do you refresh a wicker basket?
After refreshing dried-out wicker, clean it regularly, hydrate the material and protect it from the elements to keep the piece in excellent condition.
- Vacuum the wicker thoroughly using a bristle attachment.
- Mix water with a mild detergent.
- Mix 1/4 cup of bleach in 4 cups of water.