Asked by: Lynne Palaziosasked in category: General Last Updated: 2nd January, 2020
Can I report a scammer to the police?
Click to see full answer.
Correspondingly, how do I report an Internet scammer?
Report Internet Fraud If you believe you're a victim of internet fraud or cyber crime, report it to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). Or, you can use the FBI's online tips form. Your complaint will be forwarded to federal, state, local, or international law enforcement.
Likewise, how do I get my money back from a scammer? Steps
- Gather all documentation related to the scam.
- Call the customer service number for your bank or credit card company.
- Provide information about the scam to your bank or credit card company.
- Answer follow-up questions from your bank or credit card company.
- Follow up if you don't hear back within 30 days.
Additionally, what can you do if you get scammed?
What to do now
- Stop all contact with the scammer.
- Do not make any more payments.
- Contact the bank or service you sent money through.
- Assess your security at home and online.
- Equip yourself to recognise scams.
- Talk about what happened.
- Ministry of Justice.
How do I report a phone scammer?
Report telephone scams online to the Federal Trade Commission. You can also call 1-877-382-4357. The FTC is the primary government agency that collects scam complaints. Report all robocalls and unwanted telemarketing calls to the Do Not Call Registry.