Asked by: Ilja Stumpner
asked in category: General Last Updated: 16th April, 2020

Can bifenthrin kill dogs?

Bifenthrin is harmful to dogs, although not as toxic as to cats.

Click to see full answer.


Keeping this in consideration, how dangerous is bifenthrin?

Bifenthrin is moderately toxic to mammals when ingested. Large doses may cause incoordination, tremor, salivation, vomiting, diarrhea, and irritability to sound and touch (10).

One may also ask, how long does bifenthrin take to kill? Answer: Bifen IT is not a contact kill product, it is a residual product that can take a few day to start killing the fleas or other insects that you are treating for. You need to give the product time to do what its designed for. If the infestation of fleas is extensive then you may treat again after 7-14 days.

Beside above, is insecticide harmful to dogs?

Insecticides are designed to kill insects, but they can also seriously affect your dog or cat. Dogs are especially at risk of inhaling or ingesting debris left on grass, eating a treated plant, or eating an undissolved pellet of water-soluble insecticide. Here's how to avoid insecticide poisoning.

How effective is bifenthrin?

Bifenthrin products are effective at targeting and killing more than 75 different insect pests. This active ingredient provides total pest control when targeting roaches, earwigs, fleas and other common pests such as: Spiders.

36 Related Question Answers Found

How fast does bifenthrin work?

Is Ortho Home Defense safe to spray indoors?

Can you spray Bifen on dogs?


What does bifenthrin smell like?

What is the difference between bifenthrin and permethrin?

Is bifenthrin harmful to dogs?


How long does it take for a dog to be poisoned?

Are pesticides safe after they dry?

What pesticide is safe for pets?


What happens if a dog ingested pesticides?

How long after spraying pesticides is it safe for pets?

What are the symptoms of poisoning in dogs?