Asked by: Gaspara Dumeaasked in category: General Last Updated: 2nd February, 2020
Can a water leak cause black mold?
Similarly, you may ask, can water damage cause black mold?
Black mold is a type of toxic mold, commonly referred to as black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum. It often accompanies water damage and can be extremely toxic to anyone or any living thing exposed to it. Because it is caused from water damage, the top layer is often slimy to the touch.
One may also ask, how can you tell if mold is water damaged? Most mold is unmistakable, but sometimes small or largely hidden growths just make a surface look dirty. A quick test for mold can be done when you dip a swab in diluted bleach (1 part bleach, 16 parts water) and dab it on the wall. If the spot quickly lightens (or keeps coming back after cleaning), assume it's mold.
People also ask, how long does it take for mold to develop from water damage?
What should you do if you are exposed to black mold?
Also, a solution of warm, distilled water and saline can help rinse your nasal passages of mold spores and remove congestion. Over-the-counter (OTC) medications. Antihistamines, such as cetirizine (Zyrtec) or loratadine (Claritin), reduce your immune system response, minimizing airway inflammation.