Asked by: Arquimedes Mindricoasked in category: General Last Updated: 26th June, 2020
Are bed guards safe?
Consequently, are bed rails safe?
Bed railsThe risk: They prevent young children from falling out of bed, but portable bed rails have caused the deaths of 18 children since 1990, according to the CPSC. (Many toddler and bunk beds come with attached rails, which are safe.) Check every night to make sure that the rails are snug against the mattress.
Secondly, which bed guard is best? The Best Toddler Bed Rails and Bumpers of 2020
- Hiccapop Foam Safety Guard for Bed.
- The Shrunks Portable Bed Rail Bumper.
- Summer Infant Double Safety Bed Rail.
- Hiccapop Convertible Crib Toddler Bed Rail Guard.
- Regalo Double Sided Swing Down Bed Rail.
- Seven Colors Extra Long Baby Bed Rail.
- Milliard Portable Travel Bumper Bed.
Considering this, what age is a bed guard for?
Although the recommended age for use of a bed rail is 18 months to 5 years, as a parent you may instinctively know when your child is ready to progress from a cot to a bed (with a bed rail fitted) and they may be slightly younger or older than the recommended age.
What is the main cause of death from bed rail use?
The CPSC report “Adult Portable Bed Rail-Related Deaths, Injuries, and Potential Injuries,” indicates the two most common causes of deaths and injuries were rail entrapment (145) and falls (11). All fall events resulted in death.